Light dinner and refreshments are provided. Space is extremely limited and sells out. RSVP early.
This workshop is open to startup founders, startup executives, entrepreneurs, innovators, designers and developers.
A comprehensive printed workbook and reference materials is included in the price of the admission.
This workshop will focus on terms and term sheets for a seed, angel, convertible debt, and Series A (including a “Series A Lite”) round, in an interactive, informative session with great take away materials and actionable items.
In this session you will learn:
• when and from whom to take money;
• when is an amount raised too much or too little, and the perils of both;
• the anatomy of a term sheet;
• understanding the structure of, and the provisions that will most likely be included in, a convertible debt, angel and venture financing term sheet;
• how to arrive at a realistic pre-money valuation;
• the impact of term sheets on existing shareholders;
• the provisions that will impact control of major and day-to-day decisions at your startup;
• the most recent trends relating to:
– liquidation preferences
– participation rights
– anti-dilution provisions
– pay-to-play provisions
– redemption rights
– registration rights
– rights of first refusal
– drag along rights
– co-sale rights
6:00 P.M. – Networking, food and refreshments
6:45 P.M. Sponsor introductions
7:00 P.M. – 9:30 P.M. – Startup workshop and Q & A
Roger Rappoport is the leader of Procopio’s Emerging Growth and Technology Practice Group.
He has extensive experience in advising startup and emerging growth companies in the information technology, telecommunications, life sciences and cleantech industries. His practice is focused on assisting companies at all stages in their life cycle, from inception through seed, angel and venture capital raises, mergers and acquisitions and, drawing on his experience as an entrepreneur of 10 years, the implementation of effective strategies to achieve business objectives and ultimately a successful exit.
Roger is a frequent speaker and panelist on topics and issues related to the development and implementation of a company’s formation and funding strategy.
Thu Nguyen Financial Services
Inception To Exit
#ASV #accesssiliconvalley #startupeducation #entrepreneurship #siliconvalley